Adult Community Clinical Services(ACCS) are comprehensive clinically focused services provided by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services to adults with mental health needs. The Bridge is currently seeking qualified candidates in the areas listed below:
3 Assistant Program Directors in Worcester Adult Services
3 Assistant Program Directors in North Central Adult Services
1 Assistant Program Director in South County Adult Services
1.Ensure the timely and thorough Screening (Critical Needs Assessment) and Enrollment of individuals referred to ACCS within prescribed timelines, including facilitation of these processes in collaboration with ACCS Program Leadership.
2. Identify and evaluate individuals served risk issues and develop appropriate critical need interventions and transition plans.
3. Ensure timely completion, with individuals served and other members of the Integrated Team, of the Comprehensive Assessment, updates, and other clinical assessments as needed.
4. Participate in and sign off on the development and implementation of Treatment Plans and Treatment Plan reviews.
5. Develop and implement a strategic plan identifying specific evidence based practices/state of the art services goals and objectives for each division.
6. Develop and facilitate clinical and support groups based on the needs and preferences of individuals served.
7. Provide clinical supervision to licensed clinical staff and other staff as assigned.
8. Provide direct intervention to people served to conduct comprehensive assessments, treatment plans, and clinical interventions.
9. Provide modeling, training and consultation to staff teams.
10. Provide consultation and support to the Adult Family/Foster Care Program including the process to qualify providers as well as home visits as indicated.
11. Provide agency staff and individuals served with support and consultation in response to serious events.
12. Work collaboratively with all members of the Integrated Team to ensure efficient and effective Adult Community Clinical Services which maximize the success and satisfaction of individuals served.
13. Support and monitor the implementation of identified evidence based practices and clinical approaches ascribed to by the agency.
14. Participate in the facilitation of the Quality Improvement Process and the development and implementation of business plans in collaboration with the Integrated Teams.
15. Work collaboratively with other ACCS Leadership to analyze Safeguard Monitoring data for trends and implement corrective actions as indicated.
16. Participate in the Agency’s internal critical incident and complaint review process.
17. Collaborate with Integrated Team and Staff Development to identify, design and deliver relevant staff training in order to develop the clinical expertise of all staff.
18. Work with ACCS Leadership to analyze service outcomes, progress and efficiency data, satisfaction and other management information in order to modify and further improve service delivery.
19. Develop productive affiliations and partnerships with other community-based providers to enhance the agency’s service delivery network.
20. Attend, participate in, or facilitate meetings/trainings as assigned.
21. Participate in supervision, team and other assigned meetings.
22. Participate in On-call Beeper rotation.
23. Perform other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree in social services with professional license (LPHA) plus two years of experience in human service management and valid driver’s license required.